Delusions - Poem by Brittney Heck
In life there are people we think hold the key,
determining our thoughts and analyzing our dreams.
We tell them our problems, longing to be free.
Because they have all the answers...
or so we believe.
But the pills that they give us don't make us free.
They're diluting our minds and altering reality,
harming the people that God wants us to be.
Yes, it's 'our' life, But we grew from 'His' seed,
and though we give in to fit 'their' society,
when they break us down,
it's HIS blood we bleed.
Comments about Delusions by Brittney Heck
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl