Lawrence S. Pertillar
Dependable - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I have long been prepared and accustomed,
To do at my best and expect it to be compared...
With a mediocrity another who has less discipline,
Had been picked and selected to express similar effort.
And I have learned too many lessons,
Not to let the obvious reasons upset me.
Longevity addressed can not be refused.
People come to know it.
And rely upon its consistency to not become confused.
Tried and staying true to a quality introduced,
Is dependable and is never replaced...
By two-faced excuse makers seeking applause.
Comments about Dependable by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl