Lawrence S. Pertillar
Don'T Count On Me Being Diplomatic - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Do you know how long it took me,
To discover with a keeping of my peace of mind?
With a few trying to take if from me,
By leaving obstacles on my path intentionally?
You have NO idea what it took me to realize,
Those who disguised with ambush, intrigue...
And deceit to have me believe,
The peace I enjoy now was not what I needed.
But like you...
They too had NO idea what I would do to keep it.
'Why are you pointing to your front door? '
You can go out the back if you prefer?
And don't count on me being diplomatic.
Within my habitat I'm not into that.
So do you want what's behind door one or two?
Comments about Don'T Count On Me Being Diplomatic by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl