Emily & Sylvia - Poem by jerry hughes
EMILY in celebration
Twix life and death
she wrote the words
that shook the tree
that held a Christ.
And, like his,
her life closed thrice.
'even in your zen heaven we shan't meet'
spinner of words
bitter, sad and sweet.
Nothing could quell
the fire in your loins,
(my humble tribute to these outstanding writers)
Comments about Emily & Sylvia by jerry hughes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl