Emissaries - Poem by Dejan Stojanovic
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes
They will come again with gifts.
They will smile, as they always do
When they plan a major attack
Late in the night.
Be aware of the high notes,
Of the blissful faces and their soft messages,
And listen for the silent message
Of a highly decorated gift.
Comments about Emissaries by Dejan Stojanovic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda