Engaged. - Poem by Kim Dang
I want to be engaged!
I want to feel the sweat again that lies
beneath my collar, merciless.
I want to lose myself in thought
provoked by unsolved enigmas with my own
existence as the bare challenge
I want to grovel at my worst near
defeat's last morsal of redemption with nothing
but my own word to materialize what I've come
to accept as truths and lies
With a damaged throat I want to feel that pain
accompanying a scream of victory beyond
sheer agony, beyond abysmal expectations,
Shed wringed tears of joy/pain forced to the last
ounce of my All. And then some.
So again I can feel these intangible wonders of being alive.
Comments about Engaged. by Kim Dang
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl