Lawrence S. Pertillar
Entertained And Distanced - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
The expense of keeping minds entertained and distanced,
To sustain a maintaining of those frivolities kept...
Has become more prioritized than the realities lived.
And those who oppose and protest,
The thought of being threatened...
Of losing this as a main interest kept to protect,
Even though their ability to afford them has lessened,
The keeping of themselves as hostages is more accepted.
Regardless if the effect has produced mental defects.
Comments about Entertained And Distanced by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl