Joseph T. Renaldi
Family Reunion - Poem by Joseph T. Renaldi
There was a spirit of friendly fellowship
In the Family Reunion Days of long ago
When the young and old gathered together
And softened the day's beautiful glow.
I can still detect a variety of odors
Of barbecue chicken, pie and cake
And the sizzling steaks on the grill,
Like the elderly members use to make.
I recollect the old timers telling stories
About how rough life use to be,
The Great Depression and lengthy war years,
Heartfelt accounts they seemed to me.
As the evening shadows began to deepen,
I always recited a simple, thankful prayer
For all the blessings, joys, and happiness
Our family was willing to share.
Comments about Family Reunion by Joseph T. Renaldi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl