Fickle World - Poem by Joseph Tanner
Looking for a smile behind all of the cracks,
People try too hard to be something they are not,
Lost in themselves,
Set in ways.
Happiness is hard to find,
Looking in all the wrong places.
Takes a long time to feel comfortable in our skins.
Judged by the world,
Nothing is good enough.
We’re all filled with insecurities,
Under the knife,
Caked in make-up,
Do we really ever know who we are?
Hiding In the mask that society see fits.
A smile that doesn’t touch the eyes,
Everyone looking upon me from a glass box!
Turning over the channel,
When something else catches their interest,
Old news in this fickle world that we live in!
Comments about Fickle World by Joseph Tanner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl