Subbaraman N V
Fire Of Life I'M Burnt! - Poem by Subbaraman N V
Was born in the world with all that is best
As babe, had all joys the world could provide
No deceit, no mischief at best or worst
No envy, no rancor none to divide!
Lo, the age that came wrought all the woes
Avarice, treachery, dishonest deeds
Repelled all the good, friends turned to foes
Hypocrisy, double speak brought all the rot
Fame and name, joy and wealth, carnal pleasures
Yielded place to all the treasures of the past.
Life proved to be nothing but dull and dust
Life's values gave place to none worthwhile
No, no more pains and pangs of life for a while
I fall upon the fire of life, I'm burnt!
Comments about Fire Of Life I'M Burnt! by Subbaraman N V
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl