Font Color='#880000'The Affirmation/Font - Poem by David Zvekic
Profess! In these give fortunes seldom chance,
when words aver with love's last whispered power,
that wonted life give fear over romance,
and shames ignite each hell's forbidden hour.
What binds the unsought self to cold caress,
forevermore enslaved 'til hopes say, Yes;
Yes; whose kisses part temptation's wanton lips,
life's flames enlarged, embraced with passion's fire.
Her nectar pours each moment's hurried sips,
as love lifts yearnings' salutation higher.
So longing lives, be happy or be less:
Set yourself free, surrender and Be! Say, Yes!
Comments about Font Color='#880000'The Affirmation/Font by David Zvekic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl