For A Happy Couple - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
When situations do not play out
As we would wish them to, we become
Critical, irritated and furious.
We curse and condemn from helplessness.
To curse or condemn wrongs is a refusal
To accept their reality; note.
Not to curse or condemn wrongs is not
That you condoned them and from weakness.
A dog's tail cannot be kept straightened.
Either accept it as a reality
And remain with it if you have to.
Thus spouses can be in harmony.
Comments about For A Happy Couple by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda