Further Than My Fears [english Sonnet] - Poem by David Zvekic
Awed by this life's illusion, truth takes hold
The key to one or other's happiness,
So wearied by neglect that dreams cry Hold! :
Sweet mem'ries fade to bitter loneliness.
Your love was born of better love than me;
Hard forged of fire wrought from sorrow's fear
That died amidst the joy you taught to me
And the hopelessness I bear when you're not here.
This vista's mirror mars my shattered dreams,
Sad bleeding figments spread and fester full
With words that glisten stripped of hope; it seems
That promises mean little after all.
Though life was pled these lessons through long years:
Your dreams compel me further than my fears.
-August 19 2005
Comments about Further Than My Fears [english Sonnet] by David Zvekic
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl