Give Conscience Freedom Of Action. - Poem by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Consciousness is self-awareness.
Conscience is self-righteousness.
Consciousness gives life a quality.
Conscience gives life a status.
The former cares about the self and safety
And the later, about the ego and name.
Conscience silenced, shamelessness steps in
To usher in wickedness, that mars faith and peace.
Comments about Give Conscience Freedom Of Action. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda