Gothic Melody - Poem by Kailee Williams
The sounds of a Vampire stalking its prey
and a werewolf crying to the moon
are music to my ears each night and day,
hoping that I may join them soon.
My dreams are haunted with visions of the undead,
forced to walk the earth for all eternity.
Their eyes tell cursed stories without a word being said,
yet I yearn for what is just out of reach: immortality.
The Vampire's life is one of hiding,
never to reveal themselves to a mortal soul.
Hissing and cringing away from the sun so blinding,
and returning to their coffins, dark and cold.
Listen to their desperate cries,
such a sweet Gothic melody.
Aware of every pathetic mortal's lies;
Oh, how I long for immortality.
Comments about Gothic Melody by Kailee Williams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl