Lawrence S. Pertillar
Guest Speaker - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I am not here to participate in your nonsense!
Wherever on Earth did you get that idea?
That I treat you with respect,
Does not mean I'm open season
For you to neglect mine!
When do you find the time
To fill your head with this BS?
You amaze me!
But that's not awe.
You amaze me in ways,
That you actually believe you are irresistable!
Since I've been trying to get way from you!
You don't have to follow me...
OR call security!
I was not asked to dress in suit and tie!
I was 'invited' to be the guest speaker.
Did my appearance throw you off?
I mostly get that look you give me now...
After I speak!
Comments about Guest Speaker by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl