Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Halloween In The Deep Night - Poem by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Festival in the deep night
Parade of colours and masks
Time to dwell in darkness
And what it can bring to life.
It is time in the year when
People pose in disguise,
playing the role of the good
the bad, the sinners and saints.
Let us celebrate this night
of Halloween in fear and delight
Let us pose in disguise and see
Ourselves behind our own masks.
Comments about Halloween In The Deep Night by Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl