Happy Father's Day - Poem by David Grzan
Love beatifies acts of sacrifice,
Acquits itself just in discharging debts,
Provides kinfolk a glimpse of paradise:
Quantums by which fathers love their begets.
Fathers contend to paint life in Vermeers:
Provincial scenes limned in domestic bliss—
Whilst enthralled in their sundry métiers,
Their bidden toils doth bid the Judas kiss.
Sanguine dreams and high ideals reify
Shared linkages ‘twixt dads and progeny:
Inherent traits redound to signify
A hale family's epic odyssey.
Keen gratitude for a dad's priceless worth,
Spans the years to reckon from ere one's birth.
Comments about Happy Father's Day by David Grzan
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda