Hero - Poem by Ima Ryma
Liviu Libescu is his name.
During his 76 years,
He did not have fortune or fame,
But knew times of terrors and tears.
He survived a Nazi slave camp
And escaped a Communist slay.
Lady Liberty's lighted lamp
Brought him to the U.S. of A.
To lecture at Virginia Tech,
Where he was in his filled classroom,
Invaded by a human wreck,
Intent on inflicting mass doom.
He died blocking the killer's crime,
To give his student's saving time.
Comments about Hero by Ima Ryma
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl