Hurt Heart - Poem by Seyi Enikanoselu
This is the world of tragedy,
A world of failure and deceit,
A burden to be saddled with,
A teen heart is virtuous when bleeding.
She ever sworn the day we met,
Vowed to fight to sleeve,
In moment of duel,
She promised me.
Interesting, believe I to book,
Shoulders raised as if I were rich,
Making a coy smile at corner,
While some grinned at my madness.
She has not held to it,
Eye-wind blew she trembled,
Made a race of no return,
Until she finally turned over.
She put me in everlasting tumour,
The body in winter's hatred,
Calmed heart cracked off,
Perhaps till mortality provesits law.
Comments about Hurt Heart by Seyi Enikanoselu
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye