Amanda J. Schmidt
I Can'T Help Myself... - Poem by Amanda J. Schmidt
I am not supposed to want him.
I am not supposed to care,
and yet I spend my time dreaming of all that we could share.
I am not supposed to think about him
or wonder where he has been,
but no matter how much I fight it,
thoughts of him sneak in.
I am not supposed to ponder where he is each nite,
but he creeps into my vision when the stars shine bright.
I am always wishing he was here,
I hunger for a kiss,
and I long to draw him near.
I am not supposed to imagine where he is
and what he does.
I am not supposed to need him.
I know these things. I do.
And yet I can't help myself
because I fell in love with him.
Comments about I Can'T Help Myself... by Amanda J. Schmidt
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl