I Dreamed of a Cruel Lad - Poem by Gustave Kahn
I dreamed of a cruel lad
torturing a little bird he had,
to feel its flanks palpitate.
I dreamed of a world like a mother's breast
with shades of siesta and slow wings fluttering rest,
and alleys of white dreams.
I dreamed as of a sister, chaste, serene,
with the only lips of sweetness that have been,
sister and wife she seems.
Comments about I Dreamed of a Cruel Lad by Gustave Kahn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl