Inner Light - Poem by Carolyn Brunelle
How can I pray to a God
who isn't personal to me;
I can only believe in the God
living here inside of me.
I do believe in a saving grace
that guides my daily path;
but my God never makes me fearful,
isn't one of brimstone and wrath.
I am loved and accepted as I am
offer the same to others come what may,
knowing ALL of us are God's children
equally beautiful in our own way.
This is the God I have in my heart
loving me in all I do and say;
the only way I can live my life is
follow THAT light from day to day.
Comments about Inner Light by Carolyn Brunelle
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda