Is Freud Felicity? - Poem by Jonathan ROBIN
Love is decried, set, swept aside, superfluous subjectivity
unjustified by all allied to mindless blind psychiatry.
Reflection cast, one stands aghast, for Freudians felicity
in life's deemed vast card-index classed id ego interdependency.
Has true-love cried so often, sighed in vain through human history?
Is trust well-tried hate misapplied when analyzed by PhD?
Is shell shut fast ‘gainst pulses fast, emotions' sensitivity,
that gives at last, must live outcast from self's sought soul, mind mystery.
The truths inside instincts abide, find double bind when men won't see,
none need to hide self, hope denied, from individuality.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Is Freud Felicity? by Jonathan ROBIN
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl