Hannah Diane Williams
It Happened - Poem by Hannah Diane Williams
Something so precious was taken
Away from me.
So I started to give the other
Precious parts of me
Maybe I wanted some control over
My own body.
Because it had been taken away from me
For so long.
I didn't realize the control
I thought I had would cause
So much pain
Maybe I wanted to be loved
So I quit saying no
To the things I didn't
Want to do.
And that's when it really started
Whateverit was I wanted,
I still don't know what it was,
But I know I never got it.
And I just ended up with an
Still, I will accept, my past
I can't change.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about It Happened by Hannah Diane Williams
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl