Lawrence S. Pertillar
It Is Not Up To Me - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I may introduce.
Sometimes I might 'conclude'.
It is not up to me,
To define 'your' comprehension.
Or clear a path,
To lay your steps.
I did not give you breath to breathe.
Nor will I judge,
What you decide for yourself to do next....
To please as you follow or lead.
Feeding as you digest!
As you acquire your own experiences.
Hopefully with choices made that do not perplex.
Comments about It Is Not Up To Me by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl