Just A Babe - Poem by Layla Price
Have I a sis. Her name is Evelyn
She is a gift from heaven.
Then angels must have cried at her birth
For that is when she left heaven to come to earth.
She’ll hold your hand like most babies’ do
And her eyes are the mirror of a deep ocean blue.
In silence she’ll gaze at your eyes
Until suddenly you start to cry.
Yes Evelyn Brown
Some day you’ll be the talk of town.
But for the rest of today
You will just be a babe.
Comments about Just A Babe by Layla Price
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl