The Only Survivor - Poem by Layla Price
Once upon a time there was a girl
She liked having her hair in curls
She was a blond
And of life she was fond.
What more can I say
She loved living each day.
She new her life wasn’t perfect
But when you looked at her, you wouldn’t suspect it.
She lived, laughed and loved.
Then one night
A new life took flight
The driver was drunk!
Without a word to say
She lies in a coffin
And her father is sobbin'
For he was the driver
And the only survivor.
Comments about The Only Survivor by Layla Price
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl