Life As A Road - Poem by Emily Vallee
Twists and turns, ups and downs
Different choices, paths to pick
Over hills and down flat land, rocks and tar
I chose mine, now you choose yours.
I run; run from fear,
You walk; walk like nothing ever happened.
Mine is bumpy; hard and difficult,
Yours is straight; easy and fun.
I travel up and down hills,
Yours is for the most part straight.
I have to keep on guessing my path everyday
You always know which way to go.
The way I chose has only once been straight;
Has only once been perfect and happy.
Yours has only once been rough;
Has only once been hard and lonely.
We will cross paths
And you will finally see
How hard life can really be!
Comments about Life As A Road by Emily Vallee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda