Kazi Nazrul Islam
Lonely In My Floral Chariot - Poem by Kazi Nazrul Islam
O my friend,
you walked on your thorny path smiling,
seeing me lonely in my floral chariot, crying.
O the friend passer-by,
if you took me to your path,
I would have covered all the thorns under my breast.
Now I cry in my gay chariot
longing to become your friend in distress.
[Original: Tumi heshe chole gele; Translation: Mohammad Nurul Huda]
Comments about Lonely In My Floral Chariot by Kazi Nazrul Islam
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl