Lonely Nights - Poem by Safiyyah Manjra
These nights are so alone,
I don't have beautiful streets where I can roam,
A love to call my own.
I don't have the heart to devour,
Someone to whom I am of offer,
A love that I can call forever.
I don't have anyone who can melt my heart.
Someone to make me feel beautiful even when I fall apart.
Or show me how love is art.
Oh! How I wish I was able to earn,
Someone's sweet love and devotion.
I would hate to cause a mockery and some sort of commotion.
I won't love anyone else but you.
Forever would mean- I do.
I won't ever look at another,
Or create friendships whereby interest drifts further.
In my eyes only you will there be.
And no one else will I see.
Please trust me.
Comments about Lonely Nights by Safiyyah Manjra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl