Lost Period - Poem by Hasmukh Amathalal
Sunday, December 24,2017
6: 03 AM
I passed through a great deal
It was unbearable and painful ordeal
The past was real
How was I to feel it today?
The memory rushed to mind
I tried to reason out and find
What was a need in that hour?
My body shivered with fear
I tried to be reasonable
But the circumstances made me struggle
Each onus was put on me to prove
Desperately and in vain, I drove to the destination
Was it the correct stand?
I understand now
It was no compromise for the self-respect
The dignity and identity was at stake
I go down the memory lane
Was he insane?
I will not comment
But certainly, say that decency was absent
Comments about Lost Period by Hasmukh Amathalal
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda