Moving On. - Poem by Suzanne Gaut
You know the feeling, when your hearts finally healing?
What about the thought, to never deal when the pain he brought?
Did you ever stop to think, what if we were pink?
Or maybe the idea of living, without the love they're giving..
I've always wondered, how our love could just be plundered.
Well that wonder is now gone, you're just like an over-grown lawn.
You are of no use to me, you just want to sit and watch me bleed.
Well sir, I've found someone new. He treats me well, unlike you.
He won't lie about the girl he met in July.
He means it when he says he loves me, and tells me he will never flee.
He is mine forever, there is nothing in the world that could ever be better.
Comments about Moving On. by Suzanne Gaut
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl