Mixed Emotions - Poem by Suzanne Gaut
What is love?
Is love when he loves you for who you are,
or when he buys you things and makes you feel like his star?
What is pain?
Is pain when you cry,
and it hurts to even try?
What is laughter?
Is laughter when you're having fun,
and there's no more need to run?
What is life?
Is life when they push you around,
but just can't knock you down?
What is fear?
Is fear when you hide from the words you hear,
and the words are speaking to you with a single tear?
Comments about Mixed Emotions by Suzanne Gaut
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl