Love On Edge. - Poem by Suzanne Gaut
How did you think this would work?
Why did you have to make me hurt?
I thought we were meant to be,
At least that's what you told me.
Well, I guess i was wrong.
Because now I know we don't belong.
I will get through this,
I will not feel you remiss.
They told me our love was worn out,
But I am without a doubt,
That you were everything I ever wanted,
My dreams are forever haunted.
But now our love has faded...
My heart can not be aided...
I thought it would get better,
But I just sit and write this letter.
When I know you'll never read it,
You have put me alone in this lonely pit.
For the pain that I have,
Has been brought down another octave.
Comments about Love On Edge. by Suzanne Gaut
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda