My Beloved Dog: Jango. - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
He seems to be only a dog.
But he is my other eye
that can see above the clouds;
my other ear that hears above the winds.
He has told a thousand times
that I am his reason for being.
When I am wrong,
he is delighted to forgive.
When I am angry,
he clowns to make me smile.
When I am a fool, he ignores it.
When I succeed, he brags.
He has taught me the meaning of loyalty.
With him, I know a private peace.
His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.
His presence by my side
is protection against my fears of the dark.
He has promised to wait for me
in case I need him,
He seems to be only a dog
But he is my beloved dog.
Comments about My Beloved Dog: Jango. by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl