My Defenses - Poem by arundhati sinha
In my world of calm acceptance
of all wrong and misery
arrive a few words.
They taunt me, question me,
Oh go away, you give me hope;
you bring light,
They brush only my surface,
but how it burns.
You say there are better things,
that my mistakes can be overcome.
That i can love without
the knowledge of hurt.
Go away, let me respect you.
dont show me dreams of hope
my soul is too weak
to face another.
Comments about My Defenses by arundhati sinha
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl