My Lost Child - Poem by Joseph Tanner
I chose my way a long time ago,
That day I lost my child.
I always knew who I was,
Still dreaming that I could be!
I have love to give.
Playing football in the park with my little boy.
Having tea parties on a Sunday afternoon with my little girl.
Watching my little angels grow,
Seeing myself in them,
Catching them when they fall.
To take all their tears and fears away,
Watching them fall in and out of love,
Protecting them from the world.
My child lost out on me,
For I have chosen in my love,
In love I’m protecting my child.
Comments about My Lost Child by Joseph Tanner
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda