~my Mask~ - Poem by Michelle Dickson
I hide my pain
Behind a mask of happiness.
But my efforts were in vain.
You saw through my happiness
And saw my pain.
I thought my mask was flawless.
There were no cracks or tears.
But if so then how did you see through
What was never meant to be there.
You brought me into your arms
And you held me tight.
I felt like I was home
It felt so right.
Comments about ~my Mask~ by Michelle Dickson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl