My Portrait - Poem by celia hinojosa
I draw this portrait of me but blue is painted
On this canvas tainted is my soul
You left me in much misery, in pain
How can I be anything but insane.
You have left me scarred
You've left me scared
Left me painting a portrait of disaster
And you have finally mastered
To get into my head whenever you wanted
My dreams are haunted, taunted by YOU.
Your portrait unlike mine is painted on the canvas.
Painted so beautifully so extremely; magnificent
That I stare at in disgust, in envy, how can she…
Be a better portrait, a better person than me, is it something in me…
That make my portrait so ugly or am I just nothing or have I become my worst
Nightmare? Have I become her? J…
Comments about My Portrait by celia hinojosa
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye