No Comfort - Poem by Summer Sandercox
My friend Jimmy, he went to war
thought he knew what he was fighting for
dismissed ten months with a 'see you soon'
left me praying that he'd come back in June.
They puppet him like he's a toy
he can't see that this 'war' is a ploy
loved his country, foolish boy.
The sadness we felt, when he failed?
We were all notified by mail.
they sent regards, their sympathies
to comfort all the broken families
'died for his country', 'such a hero'
total comfort factor? Zero.
Comments about No Comfort by Summer Sandercox
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl