Lawrence S. Pertillar
No Token Kind Of Love - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
And when I see you again...
After tensions have been suspended!
Let us take our hearts beyond places teased,
But left frozen!
To chill to appease those who wanted to see us part!
We gave them that unsighted right!
And did not fight to warm our love!
They could not accept...
We were interracially connected!
It was never the color of our skins
That shattered the torment that lived within us.
And must be together!
This is beyond description.
Or barriers that keep us broken!
Unspoken we know this is...
No token kind of love we give!
Comments about No Token Kind Of Love by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl