No Tomorrow Today! - Poem by Roland Cho
My heart leaps before these seas of human remains.
Is there nobody to stop it?
The scenes have been frequent and scary!
Nobody knows when it is coming,
But, everyone knows when it has come!
Nyos is a perennial memory!
Nsam, the nameless barbecue!
Iraq, the unnamed experimental slaughter field!
HIV, daughter of the queen of suffering!
Storms of all appellations, sweeping the sleeping! .
Tsunami, Wenchuan, … and then Haiti
Imposing their own town-planning schemes,
Or pop. control policies,
In the most horrendous of manners!
Some see in these the Prophesy in the Book,
Others see a hidden hand in these open laboratories.
Science blames it on human negligence…!
So, which way from here?
Is there no tomorrow today?
Comments about No Tomorrow Today! by Roland Cho
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl