My Own Country - Poem by Roland Cho
People talk and people invite or visit
Talk about Home, invite or visit Home
People visit and visit again and maybe again
‘Cos there’s something to talk about or visit
Things to see and places to cherish
But, OH! I can’t, or I dare not
Ha! My own country
Five year plans, ten year plans, ...
Plans for this and plans for that. Plans for Life!
New faces now and then, new faces here and there.
New faces new ideas, new ideas new plans
New plans new hopes, new hopes better lives
But, OH! We haven’t or maybe not enough
Ha! My own country!
Comments about My Own Country by Roland Cho
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl