Lawrence S. Pertillar
Not As Profound As It Sounds - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Anyone believing they can go through life,
Remaining the same...
With a concept,
Stamped and sealed to be notorized...
That they have lives to live not to be affected.
They have paid no attention to nature.
Of which we all play a significant part.
And if seasons can come and go,
To be celebrated as we know them to be...
What makes a human being think,
Some but not all are not associated...
With this transition.
From that which is as it exists,
A return to be deposited...
Is in all of nature's holdings.
With a current or future witnessing of it.
And that business of one's being 'Down-To-Earth'...
Is not as profound as it sounds.
Comments about Not As Profound As It Sounds by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl