Obsession (Tribute) - Poem by Bryony Sheldon
Hush little baby, don't you cry
Because the neighbours might be listening.
You're my precious little china doll-
Why do the neighbours say you're missing?
You can't dodge snowflakes in a blizzard,
You can't dodge raindrops in a storm-
Don't you see? We're meant to be together-
You can't dodge the truth anymore.
You will be immortalised in my dreams
So stop all that kicking and screaming
Because if you want to live forever
You've got to have something to trade in...
Let me take you somewhere more comfortable
Where our love can start anew:
There's a warm, wet place in my garden
Where the worms will never get to you.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
A few of the lines are references to his work.
Comments about Obsession (Tribute) by Bryony Sheldon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl