One Night Stand - Poem by Samantha Ashley
When inhibitions are low, time has no name.
Caution’s thrown to the wind and purpose is lost.
Secrets are disposable and actions can’t be tamed.
Every word becomes a vision of lust.
With fascination in tow, desire takes hold.
Blinded by curiosity, suspense continues to grow.
Temptations are raging and feelings explode.
It's an unrequited pleasure, something unknown.
When intentions are exposed and the clock ticks by.
Thoughts are unforgiving and the night is spent.
Wait for a calm moment.
Silence till’ then, in the morning repent.
Comments about One Night Stand by Samantha Ashley
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl