Lawrence S. Pertillar
Preposterous And Offensive - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Too weak to bob and weave.
Or review mistakes,
Based upon my taste for conflict.
I can write for you a post dated check?
To pay these days to start and end...
My personal conflicts.
And if this procedure,
Proves to be successful...
An arrangement can be made,
To have payment for these tasks...
Directly deposited for your convenience.
I have been accused,
Of being thoughtful and generous.
And that look on your face...
Isn't new to me at all.
It confirms it.
I've grown accustomed.
When that first given,
I interpreted my request...
As being preposterous and offensive.
Comments about Preposterous And Offensive by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl