Lawrence S. Pertillar
Redevelopment Zones - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
They have turned certain regions,
Into redevelopment zones!
And that's the only 'interests' they have!
To destroy and rebuild...
To fill their pockets.
Creating industries to produce inferior products,
And call this achieving success and advancement!
And whenever visiting these transformed sites...
We are quick to notice where to obtain a soft drink,
And a good hamburger!
'Hold the pickle and the lettuce! '
This is the peace and democracy
They eliminate cultures to spread!
'With mayo and cheese, please! '
These are the reasons they must uphold,
And enforce their will...
Upon those with savage graces!
Comments about Redevelopment Zones by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl