Release Me - Poem by Rene' Bennett
It's time for me to let go
of this pain I've come to know.
Little did I see to late
I was destined to this fate.
Falling tears of memories past
Just how long must sorrow last?
A broken heart is meant to heal
and once again start to feel.
Grieving soul, troubled mind
I've served my sentence, done my time.
Darkened skies, clouds of grey
make this hurt go away.
Step by step, one by one
I'll climb this ladder rung by rung.
Yes, I; m ready to begin
to love, to live, to breathe again.
Comments about Release Me by Rene' Bennett
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl